Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Planet of the Apes" #5

This is the week the first TPB and issue 5 from BOOM! Studios' "Planet of the Apes" comes out! It has received rave reviews and takes place between the original movies and the new "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". It's a great stand-alone story but compliments the franchise beautifully. That is due to the amazing talents of writer Daryl Gregory. As always, the amazing Carlos Magno graces the pages with his incredibly realistic line while I am on board for colors. I feel with this issue I finally found my voice in his line. So make sure you get out and pick up this issue and the first trade. You won't be sorry!

Roll over to check out Carlos' original line art:







Issue 6 will be colored by someone else since my wife just gave birth to our son. I'll be busy figuring out fatherhood but will be back on #7. See you in two months!

1 comment: