Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"28 Days Later" #17

The second book coming out this week with my color is "28 Days Later" #17!

For those of you that know me, it may be a surprise to find out I'm the new ongoing colorist for BOOM! Studio's "28 Days Later" series due to my aversion to zombie and zombie-like things. However, it did surprise me how much I absolutely love coloring this title. It's all about texture and crunch and since I'm so anal-retentive this has been a great way to loosen up and relax. I imagine impressionistic painters feel the way I do when I color this title. It's so freeing and fun. So much that I've been sitting on these pages for over a month wanting to share them since day one! If you're a fan of the movies then you'll thoroughly enjoy this series. Check out this MTV Geek interview of writer Michael Nelson back when #16 came out (not my color). Check out #17 this week at stores and get you one!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Nolan. I haven't received my comps yet but I just had to get this at the store. I have to say that it looks pretty darn good! Thanks for making the art look as good as it does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ron! Your art was a lot of fun to color. Felt perfect for the book. Hope we get to do another issue one day!

    ReplyDelete

 
Do not repost my work without permission. All content herein is copyright and/or trademark to its appropriate owner(s).