Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fake Cover for "Irredeemable"

One of the classes I'm teaching this quarter is a graduate level course on digital design and processes for comics. Their first job was to create a cover for a comic or comic anthology whether an original book or otherwise. It's primarily so I can gauge each student's skill level and start them out learning how to use Photoshop. I found myself with time in class while students worked and didn't need my guidance so created this fake cover for "Irredeemable", one of the titles I color monthly. This took about six hours all together. It's been far too long since I've drawn rather than just colored so this was primarily an exercise in brushing off a thick layer of rust. Overall, pretty happy with it even if it's not the most original of concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment