Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Holidays

These holidays have been tough and I feel like I need a vacation from my "vacation". It all began with the death of my cat Taxi. He was a daily purr in my face and friend for many years, including the dark times in Portland. He is dearly missed.

But this past weekend we also lost Chas, my future father-in-law. He had a great deal to do with making me feel welcome when I first got to know my lady's family. His laugh was infectious and we both were gamers and could easily chat. Every time I'd go to Birmingham he'd always be warm and kind. I came to think of him as a friend and I miss him. His official obituary is here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Bollin. Hope you're having a nice break. Looking forward to the concept class with you and Jackie.

    ReplyDelete

 
Do not repost my work without permission. All content herein is copyright and/or trademark to its appropriate owner(s).